Saturday, June 20, 2009

First Contact

Sat 20 Jun 11.25am

Eureka!!! I have Internet connection. Woohoo!

Hmm... so much things to say and pictures I wanna take and post. But Khan, my new Hongkong friend is waiting for me to play pool so I'll make it a short and sweet post.

It's raining outside now and when it rains, the air gets real cold. Fortunately, I'm in the comforts of the common room of Thornburg student dorm. Later in the evening, I'll be heading to Walmart with Khan and Antonio (my Italian room-mate) on a Lehigh shuttle bus. I'll need to get a few daily supplies.

The Global Village program will officially start on Sunday 21 Jun. Today is basically a day for us to catch up on rest and to settle in. I'll probably explore the campus during the campus tour tmrw.

When it gets too cold in the morning, a source of comfort is the toilet! After washing up with hot water, it's not so cold as when I first wake up.

Coming soon: pictures of the people in Lehigh, my room (the highlight is really my bed where it's so high that my feet can't even touch the ground!) and other places that I visit.

Before I sign off, I wanna wish Dad "HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!" Love you lots Dad and thanks for sponsoring my trip. =:oD And Mummy and Sis: Love you both as much!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the thoughts. Sorry for the late reply. only managed to get it right after Sheryl taught me. Mummy & Sheryl view your other photos posted on your bed and GV opening. sheryl asked that you learnt Spanish so that you can talk to her. please take this opportunity to learn and get the best out of the learning experience in GV. lots of love from mum dad & Sheryl.

    ReplyDelete